"Midnight Choker", Way to Die #625, is the fifth death to be featured in "Death Over Easy", which aired on February 8, 2009.
Sonny would love to perform a trick for his fellow bikers when he visited the bar. He would swallow a pool ball, and then attempt to regurgitate the ball out of his mouth. Unfortunately this time, he swallowed the cue ball, and it got stuck in his trachea. Because the cue ball is slightly larger than all the other pool balls, he was unable to get the ball out resulting in death by choking... And 9-1-1 won't be any help.
"He picked up the cue ball. Bad move, Sonny. He got the ball down his throat, but when he tried to squeeze it back up... that's when things turned ugly."
Cast and Interviewees
- Michael John Lane - Sonny Hughes (lead: intended victim)
- Layla Steinwald - Sonny's Girlfriend
- Mapel Navarro - Bar Patron (uncredited)
- Mike Nyman - Biker (uncredited)
- Serena Salieri - Biker Chick (uncredited)
- Dr. S. Thomas Carmichael - Neurologist
- Todd Robbins - Sword Swallower
- This death is similar to an autopsy photo at posted at Best Gore.com (NSFW, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.)
- This death was also featured as a Darwin Award, but instead of a biker, Sonny was an artist.
- This segment is otherwise known as Dead Magical Artist.
- This death was Runner-Up B in the "Dumbest Death" category in the Death By Request: Special episode.
- This death was #10 in WatchMojo's "Top 10 1000 Ways to Die Deaths."
- Dead Magicial Artist
- Ballin' Inside
- Atragantarse a la Medianoche (Choke at Midnight) - Latin American dub
- Collar de Medianoche (Midnight Rope) - Spanish dub
- Schluckbeschwerden (Difficulties Swallowing) - German dub