"Mine Over Splatter", Way To Die #337, is the third death to be featured in "Death On A Stick", which aired on August 3, 2010.
Three former Viet Cong soldiers and Vietnam War veterans with PTSD are arguing about what is the best aphrodisiac and decide to settle the score once and for all by playing Russian roulette. The three all dodge the bullet in the gun they use for the game and feel so invincible that they stomp the ground in triumph.
"These 'Once Upon a Time' warriors were feeling invincible. But sometimes your number comes up in unexpected ways. For these three, that number was 35,000."
This is the number of unexploded landmines in Vietnam after the war. The stomping triggers one of these mines which that was buried underneath where their shack was built (Which was something they didn't know), detonating it. The explosion destroyed their shack and blasted them into pieces which rain onto the ground.
- Mine Your Own Business
- Minado (Mined) - Brazilian dub
- Cody Hix - Former Infantry Squad Leader
- This is the first and only death that takes place in Vietnam.
- This death takes place ten years after the end of Vietnam War.
- This death was most likely based off an incident in Cambodia on, March 22nd, 1999. Three friends recently spent an evening sharing drinks and exchanging insults at a local bar in the southeastern province of Svay Rieng. Their arguing continued for hours, until one of the men pulled out a 25-year-old, unexploded anti-tank mine found in his backyard. He tossed it under the table, and the three men began playing a variation of Russian roulette, each man exchanging turns, first taking a drink and then stamping on the mine. The other villagers fled in terror. Minutes later, the mine detonated, destroying the bar and killing the three men instantly.
- This death was #2 in WatchMojo's "Top 10 1000 Ways to Die Deaths."