"Miss-ur Head", Way to Die #402, is the sixth death to be featured in "Dead Before They Know It", which aired on March 23, 2011.
A French criminal named Nicholas Davilliers is beheaded by a guillotine. The gullotine slices through his neck and Nicholas dies from lack of oxygen to the brain. A scientist named Nathaniel then picks up the head to see if it still alive so he can prove that the guillotine is an inhumane way of execution. He believed that after the victim's head gets cut off by the guillotine, the victim's head can live for a few minutes before dying. When Nathaniel picked up Nicholas' head, all he could get was some involuntary twitching.
Also known as "Off With Your Head" as seen on Spike TV's website
Description as seen on Spike TV's website
"A French scientist conducts an experiment to see if a head remains alive (and for how long) after being severed by a guillotine."
- This is one of the few deaths that is not based on stupidity or unusual circumstances. Instead, it is an experimental procedure and a means of capital punishment.
- This is also based on Marie Antoinette but she was sentenced to death via Guillotine after having stepped on the Executioner's foot.
- An executioner before this event tried to prove that the victim could stay alive after having his head chopped off by - shouting the name of the victim, like in this segment. However, the books say that wasn't true.
- This shows flashbacks of Ex-Squeezed, My Big Fat Greek Death and Back Stabbed.
- It was filmed at Hollenbeck Park in Los Angeles.
- Off With Your Head (Spike TV)