|Way to Die #158|
|Name of the death is a pun on the show "Mythbusters"|
|"Bigfoot, if you're watching this, sit back and relax. With idiots like Luke here, you've got nothing to worry about."|
|Date||May 3, 2006|
|Location||Pierce County, Washington|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Cure for the Common Death, Part II"|
"Death of Sum Young Guy"
"Myth Busted", Way to Die #158, is the third death to be featured in "Cure for the Common Death, Part II", which aired on December 15, 2010.
Luke Wiggins was a loner who moved to the county to get away from city-life. But, unfortunately, he found himself living next to a popular jogging trail. So he drunk some cans of beer and came up with a clever scheme: disguise himself as Bigfoot & scare them away. (You'd think he was watching way too many Scooby-Doo episodes). After he began stalking a young mother & her baby, she reported that a strange creature to a park ranger. The park ranger immediately guessed that it was Bigfoot & went out to the woods to capture him. As Luke was chasing a young woman who was jogging, the ranger shot him with a tranquilizer-gun. The tranquilizer dart contained Etorphine, a semi-synthetic opioid 2,000 times more potent than Morphine. It is designed to sedate large mammals, like elephants and bears. When used on mammals such as humans, it slows down the bloodstream & shuts down the victim's body. When the park ranger unmasked "Bigfoot" he was surprised to see the body of Luke, who had died of hypotension caused by the instantaneous Etorphine overdose.
"Meet Bigfoot. Make that... big fool. Luke Wiggins."
- David Paulides - Director of North American Bigfoot Search
- Dr. Pavel Bindra - Cardiac Electrophysiologist
Description as seen on the Spike TV website
- "A prankster dressed as a yeti gets a deadly dose from a tranquilizer dart."
- Fact: This death's name is a spoof of "MythBusters", a show on Discovery Channel.
- In the Latin American dub, the Victim is called "Luke Gruñon".
- In 2012 Randy Lee Tenley of Kalispell Montana died when he dressed in a full camouflage suit to look like Bigfoot in an attempt to scare people and went on Highway 93 to begin his hoax. He was hit by one car and ran over by a second. CBS covered the story: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-hit-by-car-twice-in-apparent-bigfoot-hoax/
- Tranq-Spanked (on Spike TV website)