|Way to Die #411|
|"North By Northwasted"|
|Name of the death is a pun on the film "North by Northwest"|
|"Dolph thought he goosed his career by remaking a Hollywood classic. But his cast came up a little short. And Dolph... was left... speechless." Gary: "That's a Wrap".|
|Date||July 22, 2009|
|Episode this death
was featured in
"North By Northwasted", Way to Die #411, is the seventh and final death featured in "Death Certificates", which aired on July 15, 2012.
Dolph is a director looking to recreate the iconic cropduster scene from the Alfred Hitchcock film North by Northwest, using little people as actors (As Cary Grant = Gary Can't) (As Eva Marie Saint = Bob) and a remote-control plane to be the cropduster. Dolph calls Gary and Bob that politically incorrect word that rhymes with 'gidget'. After hours behind schedule, Dolph manages to get his cast and crew set for the scene. Gary Can't runs from the plane like in the movie and jumps out of the way as it gets near him. The plane flies past Dolph and severs his carotid artery with its' wing, causing Dolph to die instantly from massive hemorrhaging.
"Lower, you moron, lower! I don't care if it hits him, I don't care if it kills him, you get it lower!
-Dolph being a dickhead
Cast and Interviewees
- Eric Manuel - Actor
- Dr. Robert Pousman - Critical Care Doctor
- Marcos Svamoville - Dolph (lead: intended victim)
- Also known as "North by Northwaste" on the Spike TV website.
- The Latin American and Spanish names are puns of the names of the same movie "North by Northwest" in both regions.
- This death happens on the exact same date as Tea Bagged.
- Goof: When Dolph gets his neck sliced open, you can see the wires.
- In the German version, the actual beginning of Eric Manuel's interview is shown.
- Immer Ärger mit Dolph (Always Trouble with Dolph) - German dub.