|Way to Die #209|
|"Par For The Corpse"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "par for the course"|
|In the Graveyard of Horror, see Jim spray, see Jim play, see Jim DIE!|
|Date||October 29, 2009|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Getting A Rise From The Dead"|
"Par For The Corpse", Way to Die #209, is the third death featured in "Getting A Rise From The Dead", which aired on February 16, 2011.
“Beware, the graveyard of terror! What evil lurks around every tombstone? It's the Living Dead! ... No, actually, that's a nearly dead guy named Jim. How did he get like that?”
A young couple making out in a cemetery are scared off by a sickly man named Jim who seems zombified, even though he is actually near death. So what happened to Jim? Jim was a groundskeeper at this cemetery, who had zero respect for the dead and had been using the cemetery as his own personal golf course. One day, Jim had developed a high fever and blisters appeared on his hands, arms, and face. Believing he had the flu, he laid down under a tree and took a nap. When he woke up, his blisters became lesions, causing the skin to peel off his face. Jim had sprayed the grass at the cemetery with a very powerful fungicide. Unbeknownst to Jim, he was allergic to the fungicide, and over the time he was combining work and play, his golf tees had contracted the chemical several times. His habit of gnawing on the tees caused the allergy to kick in. The fatal allergic reaction causes his organs to burn and fail. He tried to get help, but then he scared away the couple. The chemical killed him and then he went from the living dead...to the dead dead.
"Jim went from the living dead... to the dead dead."
Cast and Interviewees
- Alec Tomkiw - Jim (lead: intended victim)
- Erin Marie Hogan - Goth Girl
- Dr. Boyd Flinders - Himself (surgeon)
- The episode starts and ends as a parody of grindhouse-style zombie films.
- This death is loosely based on two real life deaths of the same nature
- George M. Prior - died in a similar way to Jim in the segment. However, Prior was a Navy Lieutenant and not a groundskeeper.
- Jeff Porcaro - original drummer for the American rock band Toto. Similar to Jim, Porcaro fell ill after spraying insecticide in the yard of his Hidden Hills home in West Hills, California, and died that evening at Humana Hospital-West Hills. The coroner's office initially listed his cause of death to be a heart attack from atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). However, the autopsy revealed the cause of death as a heart attack due to occlusive coronary artery disease caused by hardening of the arteries due to his longtime cocaine use in the 1980's.
- Skin Game (Spike TV)
- Zombie Golf
- Playing In The Funeral
- Scored Out
- Funeral Fight