|Way to Die #656|
|Name of the death is a pun on "femme fatale"|
|"Ira knew no bounds in the pursuit of cleanliness; spraying, scrubbing and rubbing everything in sight. But in the end, it wasn't germs; it was Ira who got rubbed out."|
|Date||November 17, 2007|
|Location||Elmira, New York|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Death, The Final Frontier"|
"Phlegm Phatale", Way to Die #656, is the seventh and final death featured in "Death, The Final Frontier", which aired on July 15, 2012. as part of the series finale.
Ira is a germophobe who goes on a date with a woman he met on an internet dating site named Tashawna. To prepare for their first date, he flushes out his nasal passages by using a Neti pot. When Tashawna goes to kiss him, Ira pulls out a can of disinfectant spray which causes him to sneeze blood and mucus all over Tashawna, causing her to leave declaring she will never date Ira over the internet again. Ira soon collapses to the floor and dies from a Naegleria fowleri infection that attacks his brain and kills him due to using contaminated tap water for the Neti pot rather than distilled water.
"Turns out, Ira made a fatal neti pot mistake... you're supposed to use distilled or sanitized water."
Cast and Interviewees
- Eric Satterberg - Ira (lead: intended victim)
- Brianna Kellum - Tashawna
- Dr. Duncan McBride - Neurological Surgeon
- Also called "Neti Says Goodbye" on the Spike TV website.
- This is the final death featured in the series.
- This death is probably based on the death of Jonathan Capewell https://www.independent.co.uk/news/boy-who-wanted-to-smell-good-killed-by-deodorant-1181309.html
- There has been numerous news articles being published having to do with the misuse of Neti pots.
- The doggerel quote may have a reference to another death in the series (In this case, Rubbed Out).
- This only happens if people use swamp or polluted lake water.
- Neti Says Goodbye (Spike TV)
- Rotz Fatal (Snot Fatal) - German dub