|Way to Die #210|
|Name of the death is a pun on "pissed off"|
|"It ended with Patty fading fast, not feeling up to par. He hit into the hazard and wound up taking a stroke."|
|Date||July 3, 1992 - July 10, 1992|
|Location||Golf River Links|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Death: A User's Manual"|
"Par For The Corpse"
"Dead Mime ☺"
"Pissed Off", Way to Die #210, is the fourth death to be featured in "Death: A User's Manual", which aired on March 29, 2009.
Irishmen Patty and Nick have two passions in life: golfing and drinking, not necessarily in that order. On a vacation to the United States, they proved to be much better drinkers than golfers. When Patty hit a slice to retrieve the ball, a rat ran up his pant leg, scratched him, and peed on his leg, leaving an open wound to get infected. The Duffer's demise has already begun. A week later back in Ireland, Patty's health was declining and eventually, Patty died of leptospirosis.
"Paddy eventually calms down, and the two finish their match; but this golfer's next hole... will be six feet deep."
- Jeff Sanday - Golf Pro
- Dr. Greg Moran - Infectious Disease Physician
- This segment was not to be confused with this kind of segment about ski romance. See Way to Die #90.
- This death is based off of a golfer's real death.
- Leptospirosis is an infection caused by bacteria of the Leptospira type, contained in rat urine.
- The end of the story makes it the only death to take place in Ireland.