"Poker Face", Way to Die #194, is the second death featured in "Sudden Death", which aired on December 22, 2010.
An inmate on death row named Floyd receives a deck of playing cards from a friend by the name of Mickey to use in building a pipe bomb as part of an escape plan. He breaks a metal leg from his bed, packs it with torn-up cards and water, seals it with a piece from a broom he broke, and sets it on his cell's heater. After waiting some time for it to explode, Floyd picks it up only to have it detonate in his hands, due to the sudden mixing of the water and the cards' flammable nitrocellulose coating. Floyd dies from shrapnel injuries to his face.
"Did he forget something? Floyd checked the device. That's when his escape plan... blew up in his face."
- Description as seen on Spike TV's website
- "A convict attempts a prison break by blowing out the wall of his cell but dies when the homemade bomb accidentally explodes in his face."
- This is also based on the death of William Kogut but Kogut only created the bomb to commit suicide, not as a device to escape prison.
- This is also one of the deaths a person tries to escape to find freedom, but ends up dying instead. The others are Goon Interrupted and Chain Gang Banged
Cast and Interviewees
- Jason Romero - EMT
- Robert L. Greene - Floyd (lead: intended victim)
- Drue Delio - Mickey (lead)