"Pop Goes The Cholo", Way to Die #895, is the third death to be featured in "Better Them Than Us", which aired on March 16, 2011.
Gang banging in Albuquerque is no joke, because two street gang members named Juan and Eduardo take a third member named Enrique to a back alley ex-doctor named Mr. Stitches, who lost his license after having sex with his anesthetized patients previously, to treat a bullet wound to Enrique's chest. Eduardo ends up pistol whipping Mr. Stitches into unconsciousness after losing patience with him for the latter telling the former to shut up. With Mr. Stitches getting pistol whipped and knocked out cold, Juan and Eduardo decide to do the operation themselves, but due to them being unsure about what to do, they fail after inserting the tracheal tube down Enrique's esophagus, rather than the trachea, and end up hemorrhaging Enrique's stomach by filling it with air and causing it to explode. After Enrique died instantly, Juan and Eduardo escape the back alley immediately.
"Eduardo had seen his share of ER reruns. If Stitches can shove a tube down Enrique's throat, why couldn't he.....? That's why."
Cast and Interviewees
- Fabian Alomar - Eduardo
- Ray Cosico - Juan
- Alan Erlish - Dr. Stitches
- Dr. Khyber Zaffarkhan - Physical Medicine & Rehab
- The death of the victim in this case isn't the victim's fault, but it is his foolish gang members' fault. (Even the victim was guilty.)
- This is one of the deaths where at some point, blood is splatted all over the screen.
- The actor who played Eduardo is also a professional skateboarder.
- Sin-Tubated (Spike TV website)
- Trachea Tube Invasion (Spike Website)