"R.I.P.-PED", Way to Die #673, is the fourth death featured in "Today's Menu: Deep Fried Death", which aired on December 8, 2010.
Ted, a 70-year-old man, pumped muscle like he was in a 35-year-old body. He not only relied on bodybuilding and his own equipment, but also his own juicer, which he truly loved. With a three quarter horsepower engine, it's razor-sharp blades spun at over 60 miles per hour. It sliced the raw produce into bits, and then centrifical force seperated out into juice. He used his juicer to a pulp to maintain his muscles, including dozens of pineapples, stalks of celery and anything else Ted could squeeze in. However, the juicer has an expiration date; after years of abuse, one of the wires shorted out, causing it to overheat and suddenly explode. The force of the explosion sent the blade flying, impaling itself in Ted's neck, severing his carotid artery, causing massive hemorrhaging. When the smoke cleared, Ted was dead.
- This death was filmed at 16032 Liggett Street, which is about 12 miles away from Tarzana, California.
Cast and Interviewees
- Brad Potts - Ted (lead: intended victim)
- Pauline Nordin - Herself (Personal Trainer)
- Dr. Reza Jamehdor - Himself (Emergency Room Physician)
- Character Error: Ted can be seen breathing even though he's dead.