|Way to Die #47|
|Name of the death is a pun on "recoil"|
|"In the end, Jake avoided the apocalypse by permanently isolating himself from humanity. But he never learned that if the barbarians of the gate don't get you... the snake in the grass will."|
|Date||May 28, 1994|
Tres Piedras, New Mexico
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"The Good, The Bad, and the Dead"|
"Re-Coiled", Way to Die #47, is the second death to be featured in "The Good, The Bad, and the Dead", which aired on March 8, 2009.
Jake is a hunter who walks around his forest. Jake then has to go to the bathroom unaware he has a rifle. He puts down his rifle with the barrel facing upwards but fails to notice a snake curling around his trigger. When he finishes, he goes to pick up his rifle but when he picks it up, (with the barrel being aimed at his heart), the snake squeezes the trigger causing the gun to fire at his heart, killing him instantly.
"While draining the snake in his hand, Jake failed to see the one in the bush..."
- Even though Guitar Zeros is the first suicide in a future episode, this one is the first accidental suicide.
- This death and Sumowed both get Way To Die #47.
- It is one of the four deaths that was shown in the intro of "Dead and Deader" that were later added in newer episodes. The other three are Jake N' Baked, Gas-Hole, and Abracadaver.
- It is based on a Darwin award of an Iranian hunter named Ali.
- Disparo de Serpiente Enroscadao (Snake Curled Shot). Latin American dub
- De Rebote (Rebound) - Spanish and Brazilian dub