"Red, White and Blew", Way to Die #77, is the first death to be featured in "Cure for the Common Death, Part I", which aired on March 22, 2009.
It's the 4th of July. All across the country, citizens are celebrating their nation's birthday in the best way they know how: by getting hammered. By the time the sun went down, Bernie and his buddies were completely pissed.
With these knuckleheads stupid as a vocation, Bernie is about to show why. Bernie has been planning the mother of all banners for weeks. A home-made firework launcher and a crudely made bomb. Bernie had provided enough cherry bombs to equal the explosive power of a stick of dynamite, even though homemade fireworks had been made illegal 17 years ago. When it fails to work, Bernie looks down the barrel of the launcher, and the firework explodes in his face, much to the amusement of his friends, and unaware of his death.
Besides being severely burnt, Bernie's face shattered from the impact as his brain rattles inside his cranium, causing fatal hemorrhaging.
"He clearly was not aware of the reason why there was a federal law banning homemade bombs since 1966."
Cast and Interviewees
- Shawn Gnandt - Bernie (lead: intended victim)
- Ted Reis - Redneck
- Adam Edgar - Bernie's Friend (uncredited)
- Dr.Khyber Zaffarkhan - Physical Medicine & Rehab
- There was a Wilhelm scream in this segment.
- It is based on this Darwin award .
- Death on the Fourth of July
- United Deaths Of America
- Frantic Firecracker
- Rojo, Blanco y Exploazul (Red, White and Explo-blue) - Latin American dub
- Rojo, Blanco y Pum (Red, White and Boom) - Spanish dub
- Voll in die Röhre geguckt (Fully looked into the Tube) - German dub