"Rocky Roadkill, Way to Die #245, is the fifth death to be featured on "Better Them Than Us" which aired on March 16, 2011.
Salvador ("Sal" for short) was a drug dealer who came upon a brilliant idea. To avoid the police, he used an ice cream truck as a disguise to hide his drugs (whether or not there is actual ice-cream is not revealed). Sal had a wide array of customers, from coke-addicted businessmen to hardcore junkies. One customer in particular ordered some meth... as a diversion for him to stick out a handgun and try to rob him. Sal then drove away and managed to evade robbery, but while he was still driving, he took a corner too fast, and the sharp turn knocked over his ice chest. which released chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) and steadily caused him to pass out due to the poor ventilation not allowing the gas to leave the truck. Sal, unconscious at the wheel, slammed into a tree at 50 mph (80 km/h), rupturing his aortic valve, causing him to bleed out, and die instantly. With his ice cream truck totaled and the tree dented into the grill, Sal is sent to hell where he won't be selling drugs anymore.
- Big Duval - Drug Dealer
- Dr. Michael Kurtz - Sports Medicine & Family Practice
- A couple weeks after this aired, a young actor died in a similar way, except he wasn't driving an ice-cream truck.
- Based on the death of 90s R&B singer Tony Thompson of the Waco based music Quintet, "Hi Five". Thompson was found dead on June 1, 2007 near an Air conditioning unit at an Apartment complex in Waco, Texas. An Autopsy later determined that Thompson died from heroin and CFC exposure which came from a broken AC generator which he used for Freon huffing.
- The Date of this segment: September 2, 2007, would have been Tony Thompson's 32nd Birthday. This was also exactly 3 months to the day, Thompson died.
- The segment was changed to a sleazy drug dealer who crashes an ice cream truck to prevent controversy.
- The late voice actor Robert Axelrod, best known as the voice of Lord Zedd in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, made a cameo appearance in this segment as a junkie.
- If you listen carefully to the music playing on Salvador's ice cream truck, you'll find that the song is It's A Small World After All.
- Continuity: The ice-cream truck can be seen driving through the same road twice.
- Ice Fiend Man (Spike TV)
- Iced Off
- Creme Frio (Cold Cream) - Brazilian Dub
- Helados Asesinos (Killer Ice Cream) - Latin American dub
- Gaseado y Estrellado (Gassed And Crashed) - Spanish dub