|Way to Die #218|
|Name of the death is a pun on "samurai" and "fry"|
|"Gregory and Tyler thought they could be a samurai. They should had kept a tight grip on their game controllers.. and stand away from the swords."|
|Date||September 18, 2001|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Dead to Rights"|
"Suck Her Punched"
"Chairway to Heaven"
"Samu-Fry", Way to Die #218, is the sixth death to be featured in "Dead to Rights", which aired on February 17, 2010.
Two Japanese-American teenagers named Gregory and Tyler attempt to engage in a katana battle after watching a samurai movie and playing samurai video games. What Gregory and Tyler did not know was the swords they were using, their father collected; and weren't for child's play. When they took their fight outside, Gregory attempted to land a deadly hit on his brother and close friend, Tyler, but his katana hits a low-hanging power line and electrocutes him to his death. If the power line wasn't there, it would have cost Tyler his life instead.
- Sifu Todd Tei - Samurai Master
- Dr. Ramon Cestero - Trauma Surgeon
- In the Spanish dub, it shares the number 281 with Who Ded?
- It is based on the death of Victor Jones. Unlike Gergory, Victor was electrocuted in the basement instead of outside.
- Samurai Frito (Fried Samurai) - Latin American dub.
- Anachronism: The two protagonists were playing the Xbox 360, which would've been impossible to exist until 2005. Furthermore, the original Xbox wasn't released until November 15, 2001 - a full two months after the events of this predicament.