|Way to Die #220|
|"Scratch n' Snuffed"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "scratch and sniff"|
|"Carson Harold was a corrupt politician who enjoyed the perks and porks of his position. He was living large on the taxpayers’ dime... until a tiny bug popped his bubble and turned him into the leading candidate... for death."|
|Date||Some Day In 1998-November 2, 2008|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Death Puts On a Dunce Cap"|
"Chairway to Heaven"
"Rebel Without A Pulse"
"Scratch n' Snuffed", Way to Die #220, is the sixth death featured in "Death Puts On a Dunce Cap", which aired on November 2, 2010.
It's election day and the polls are closed. After being humiliated by widespread news of a sex scandal involving visits to South America to see his Brazilian mistress, Giselle, congressman Carson Harold III gets voted out of office and goes broke after his wife wins the divorce case and abandons him, leaving him high and dry. After taking in all that bad news, Carson goes into cardiac arrest and drops dead.
"Now, that's a bad day."
What killed him? You could argue it was his penis.
Carson should've gotten his vaccinations before he did his cheating. When Carson was on one of these trips ten years earlier, he was bitten by a triatominae also known as a Reduviid Bug or Kissing Bug. After numerous visits and numerous bites, he developed Chagas' disease, which in turn led to a fatal cardiac arrhythmia. Just after his ex-wife slapped him in the face and left, Carson developed the arrhythmia, and died of heart failure.
Needless to say, Carson should have been aware of the kissing bug first before he slept with his mistress ten years ago.
Cast and Interviewees
- Andy Bakkum - Carson's Ex-wife (lead)
- Angelica Montesano - Giselle (lead)
- Jules Sylvester - Himself (Wildlife Expert)
- Jason Romero - Himself (EMT)
- The plot of this segment seemed to be based around former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford, who was also discovered to be having an extramaritial affair in 2009. (Although Sanford had the affair in Argentina and not Brazil).
- In the German version, the death took place in Mississippi instead of Virginia.