|Way to Die #298|
|Name of the death is a pun on "sign-off"|
|"Mickey could spin the heck out of a sign. Too bad he didn't stop to read them. If he did, here's how it might've went down: Caution. Stop. Dead end."|
|Date||September 21, 2005|
|Location||Ocean Beach, California|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Getting A Rise From The Dead"|
"A Turn For The Purse"
"Sign Offed", Way to Die #298, is the first death featured in "Getting A Rise From The Dead", which aired on February 16, 2011.
Mickey, a sign spinner, shows off his skills of spinning an open house sign to Alice, a barista. Later, Raheef, another sign spinner known as "The Dark Knight", shows up on the other side of the street, also ready to show off his skills to Alice. Mickey and Raheef then get into a sign-spinning competition. Early on, Mickey is almost hit by a car, but backs away soon enough for the competition to continue. However, later, Mickey accidentally slashes his jugular vein on the edge of the sign, which had become jagged from being hit repeatedly on the sidewalk, and exsanguinates, much to the shock of Alice.
- Elmer Reyes - Former Sign Spinner
- Dr. Steven Burstein - Interventional Cardiologist
- The sign Mickey is spinning reads "You're Dead" during the CGI re-enactment.
- This death has a similar name to Signed Out .
- Raheef's nickname, "The Dark Knight", is an obvious reference to Batman.
- Spin Head (Spike TV)