|Way to Die #326|
|Name of the death is a pun on "mother-in-law"|
|"Everybody who has a mother-in-law can sometimes find them...trying. You suck it up and learn to leave each other alone. But then there's the bitch like Barbara, who's better off...left for dead."|
|Date||March 5, 2007|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Today's Special: Death"|
"Who Fart-Dead?/Kitchen Sunk"
"Smother-In-Law", Way to Die #326, is the fourth death to be featured in "Today's Special: Death", which aired on August 1, 2011.
Barbara, a meddlesome, shrewish, obnoxious and overweight mother-in-law, pesters her son's wife Sabrina (daughter-in-law) by nagging her about her son's food preferences. Sabrina is cooking vegetables for her husband Mitch. Barbara puts cheese on the vegetables when Sabrina tells her not to, and Barbara does not listen to her. Barbara reveals to Sabrina that Mitch has lost weight since he has been with Sabrina. After learning of Mitch having lost weight, Sabrina reveals to Barbara that Barbara is a selfish, overweight, disgusting witch.
Taking offense, Barbara calls Sabrina a "dirty little bitch" while giving her a slap in the face. In anger, Sabrina stabs the knife into the wooden knife holder and leaves the kitchen. After allowing Sabrina to stay out of the kitchen, Barbara then tries to cook a frozen pizza in the fridge. The pizza was wedged in the other groceries.
The force of Barbara's tugging sends the refrigerator crashing down on her. When the freezer falls on top of her, the sharp end of the door cuts through her jugular vein and carotid artery while the rest of the refrigerator breaks her skull into pieces, and she dies instantly as a result, sending the selfish mother-in-law back to the hell where she belongs.
"Now with her daughter-in-law out of the way, it was time to cook some real food. That's when Barbara... got the cold shoulder."
- "A horrible mother-in-law is criticizing her son’s wife’s every move in the kitchen when she slips and grabs the oven handle, causing the entire appliance to crush her." (Spike TV website)
- In the German dub, this death was depicted to have taken place in Indiana instead of Ohio.
- this could be based on the death of a Canadian student.
- the spike tv website description mistakenly says that barbara was crushed by the oven
- Monster-In-Law Knows Worst (Spike TV)
- Suegra Congelada (Frozen Mother-in-law) - Latin American dub
- Suegra Plasta (Bore Mother-in-law) - Spanish dub
- Das schwiegermonster(The monster-in-law) - German dub
- a-morte de sogra (a pun on amor de sogra (a mother-in-law's love) and morte (death)