"Snakenstein", Way to Die #441, is the seventh and final death featured in "Getting A Rise From The Dead", which aired on February 16, 2011.
Dr. Von Metsker is a scientist who is extremely interested in the process of reanimation. However, he is only able to reanimate the severed body parts of animals. Metsker soon decides to experiment by attempting to reanimate the entire body of a dead animal. He experiments on the body of a dead rattlesnake and successfully manages to revive it. However, the electricity triggered a muscle spasm, causing the rattlesnake to bite Metsker in the neck, while he is holding its' head. Metsker dies from a lethal dose of venom in his bloodstream.
"The electricity triggered muscles in the snake to sink its fangs deep into Metsker's neck, turning the living scientist into a very... unanimated... dead one."
Cast and Interviewees
- Christopher Karl Johnson - Dr. Von Metsker (lead: intended victim)
- Dr. Cloyce Martin - Himself (Pathologist)
- Jules Sylvester - Himself (Wildlife Expert)
- One Deadly Bite (Spike TV)
- Messed Metsker
- This death's title, along with the "It's Alive" quote, are both references to Frankenstein.
- This death along with Tanks For Nothing, Chili Today... Dead Tomorrow, and Snake Du Jour all contradict Way to Die #92: Fang Banged.