|Way to Die #621|
|Name of the death is a pun on "spy" and "cyanide"|
|"Max was a traitor who deserved to die, In the end he did his country a favor, by doing himself in. Danke schön, Dummkopf."|
|Date||April 17, 1943|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Stupid Is As Death Does"|
"Spyanide", Way to Die #621, is the fourth death featured in "Stupid Is As Death Does", which aired on March 29, 2011.
Max (Timmy Carter) was an amateur American spy who sympathized with the Nazis. After a short meeting at the park, another American (Randolph Chains) (not a spy but a do-gooder) caught up to him. Max thought his cover was blown, but the American was really trying to return his notebook that he left behind, which meant that Max jumped the gun. Max was on the run, thinking his cover was blown, took his own life after swallowing a cyanide pill and was sent to the hell he belonged and deserved.
"Rather than getting caught, Max played the good spy, and swallowed some cyanide pills he had gotten his hands on. But, he jumped the gun. His American counterpart was just a do-gooder trying to return his notebook."
- John Prudhont - World War II Military Historian
- Dr. Pavel Bindra - Cardiac Electrophysiologis
Description as seen on Spike TV's website
In 1942, a German spy collecting intelligence on US military personnel during WWII takes his own life with liquid hydrogen cyanide (issued to him for this exact reason) when he thinks his cover is blown.
- This is the first intentional suicide in the series.
- This is based on any number of suicides at the end of World War II where a cyanide capsule was used, including one that killed Adolf Hitler's wife, Eva Braun.
- "Danke schön, Dummkopf." is German for "Thank you, dumbass."