|Way to Die #404|
|"Straight To DVDead"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "straight to DVD" and "dead"|
|"Jim was desperate to be a big star, and would kill to get that leading role. In the end, his death scene was very believable."|
|Date||December 6, 2005|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Better Them Than Us"|
"Straight To DVDead", Way to Die #404, is the sixth death to be featured in "Better Them Than Us", which aired on March 16, 2011.
Two men are participating in the low-budget film of 1775. One of them upset about not getting the main role, wanted the other, filling his pistol with gunpowder, making it look like an accident. However, it explodes due to an excessive amount of gunpowder, falling fragments
A low-budget film taking place during the Revolutionary War, in 1775, is being filmed. Jim, an actor, plays a British captain. In one scene, his character duels with an American patriot.
In the next scene, he duels against the main character American hero, played by Samuel. In the scene, the hero is supposed to duel against the British captain and kill him. The crew should have done a background check on Jim, as he had secretly planned to kill Samuel. Before filming would take place, Jim had loaded his prop pistol with a real bullet ball and gun powder. Samuel's death would be seen as an accident, and it would be a perfect plan to take Samuel's trailer. In other words, Jim was secretly a criminal. When the scene is being shot, Jim fires, but his gun ends up exploding in his hand. His hand gets blown off, and the broken end of his pistol lacerates into his leg, severing into his femoral artery, with death occurring within seconds. Jim didn't know it at first, but he put way too much gun powder into his pistol which turns his pistol into a deadly hand grenade.
"Looks like his plan backfired..."
- Also called "Duel Personalities" for the Spike TV website.
- The clapperboard reads "1000 WTD 3".
- It is based on the death of Brandon lee (Bruce Lee’s son), who died during the shooting of The Crow.
- Death is a reference to this ancient comedy called Duel Personalities
- The weapon that Jim use is an Flintlock
- Crew or Equipment Visable: A tube can be clearly seen under Jim's leg squirting out the blood from his femoral artery.
- Anachronism: While it takes place in 2005, the clapperboard can be seen with the date September 22, 2010.
- Duel Personalities (Spike TV)
- Directo a la Posteridad (Straight to Afterlife) - Latin American dub
- El papel de tu...muerte (The role of your...death) - Spanish dub