"Sun Burnt", Way to Die #631, is the seventh and final death to be featured in "Locked and Low Dead", which aired on February 29, 2012.
Lionel (Alex Sanborn) is a sociopathic geek and prankster who creates a death ray from a parabolic dish and a lot of tin foil. Lionel waits until the sun's highest peak to test out his death ray, successfully burning a toy soldier, a grasshopper, a butterfly, and also burning his neighbor's hand after tricking him to put it in the sun's direction. Lionel then puts a can of beans in the beam's direction while singing the bean song, causing it to explode. The force of the explosion knocks Lionel unconscious, causing him to fall onto the cinder block platform with the back of his head facing the death ray. This causes the beam to melt the back of his skull and soon his brain, killing him and putting an end to the prankster geek's obsession with death.
"He never was much of a chef. But what's that smell? Something's still cooking. Oh, it's Lionel."
- Alex Sanborn - Lionel (lead: intended victim)
- Muerte Cerebral (Brain death) - Latin American dub
- Por insolación (By insolation) - Spanish dub
- Laser's Edge (Spike TV)
- Nerd Down
- Man Rayed
- This death, like Hacked Off, does not feature any interviewees
- This death was Honorable Mention A in WatchMojo's "Top 10 1000 Ways to Die Deaths."
- This death is slightly similar to Fiddle Licked.
- Also called "Laser's Edge" on the Spike TV (Now Paramount Network) website.
- Before Lionel got knocked out, he was singing, "Beans, Beans, the Musical Fruit." This is in reference to the Campbell's Pork and Beans jingle.