|Way to Die #78|
|Name of the death is a pun on "texted"|
|"And so ends, another modern romance."|
|Date||August 19, 2005|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Death: A User's Manual"|
"Red, White and Blew"
"Shoots & Ladders"
"Text Dead", Way To Die #78, is the third death featured in "Death: A User's Manual", which has been originally aired March 29, 2009.
Tricia and Chet were texters. Chet was driving while Tricia was walking, but now their death clock was ticking. The problem was that they didn't know when to stop. Tricia was walking around town, texting as Chet was driving through town, also while texting. When Chet encounters Tricia walking down the road, he doesn't see Tricia until he hits her, crushing her organs and killing her instantly.
"Chet thought he could text away while driving. That was dangerous. Tricia thought she could walk and text, never looking up from the screen. That was stupid. We all know what happens when stupid meets dangerous..."
- Stephen Timmermans - Sociologist
- Robert Jay Stahl - Driving Instructor
- Jusedd Hungrollos - Chester (lead)
- Aliyah Hedge - Tricia (lead: intended victim)
- This segment was based on true stories about texting-while-driving. Several people got into accidents that caused death.
- If you look closely in the back ground in the truck's POV before Tricia gets hit, everyone walking is also texting.
- Chet has an iPhone, when he was texting to Tricia. iPhones weren't available on the market until two years later; he must have had a regular phone to text to Tricia.
- A 2007 Honda CR-V can be seen despite it was set in 2005.
- Tricia is seen in a ponytail while texting, but if you look closely as she's gets run over, her hair appears to be down, and as she collapses on the ground dead, her ponytail is back.
- Dead Message
- Die letzte SMS (The Last SMS) - German dub