|Way to Die #336|
|"The Day the Magic Died"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "The Day the Music Died", a name given to the tragic plane crash that claimed the lives of rock and roll musicians Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson on February 3, 1959. It was also taken from the Don McLean song American Pie.|
|In the end, Sergio found his killer trick: He made two drug addicted crooks disappear.|
|Date||June 16, 2007|
|Location||West Springfield, Massachusetts, USA|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"A New App Called Death"|
"Mine Over Splatter"
"The Day the Magic Died", Way to Die #336, is the fifth death featured in "A New App Called Death", which aired on April 2, 2012.
Sergio is a failed magician who hopes he can find the one magic trick to make him go big. One night, he is robbed by two drug addicts named Rocky and Dashawn, who tie him up to a chair and gag him. They find money along with a vial of what appears to be cocaine. The two robbers snort it up their noses, but soon collapse to the floor foaming from the mouth. Unbeknownst to the two robbers, these jokers snorted up G4, AKA slush powder, a substance commonly used in magic tricks to solidify water. The slush powder absorbed water in their nose and expanded to their trachea, suffocating them and sending them to hell. As the drug addicts lay dead, Sergio started freeing himself.
- Dan Ray - Magician (Only in German version)
- David Sivits - Chemical Engineer
- This death is combined with American Died'Ol on the Spike TV website.
- The segment name is a pun on "The Day the Music Died", a name given to the tragic plane crash that claimed the lives of rock and roll musicians Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson on February 3, 1959. It was also taken from the Don McLean song American Pie.
- Death Spell
- Magic Killed Them
- Abrakadaver (Abracadaver) - German dub
- El Día en que Murio la Magia - Latin American dub