"The Depart-Dead", Way to Die #255, is the third death featured in "Stupid Is As Death Does", which aired on March 29, 2011.
A group of white, teenage wannabe-gangsters from South Boston play a drinking game called "Edward Fortyhands”, in which drinkers have beer bottles taped to their hands, and they cannot do anything (smoke, urinate, leave the room, etc.) until the beer bottles are empty. One of them spits a half-lit cigar under a couch, which starts burning the flammable synthetic stuffing, releasing hydrogen cyanide into the room.
"This was bad. Their starting point was stupid, and then they got really drunk, and wound up breathing in lungfuls of toxic smoke. They were on a slippery slope into the death pit."
Because they cannot open the door, they suffocate on the fumes. The only one who didn't participate in the game arrives too late, and discovers his dead friends, prompting him to ask someone else in the house to call an ambulance.
Alternative description as seen on Spike TV's website
Four white wannabe gangstas from South Boston are killed by smoke inhalation because their hands are taped to 40-ounce beers.
- Jason Sereno - Drinking Contest Expert
- Dr. Cloyce Martin - Pathologist
- Gangsta Trapped (Spike TV)
- No Way Out
- Dead Inhalation
- This mass death has the second highest number of deaths (seen) in a story. The highest is a tie between Cult Evaded and Washed And Fried
- Kein Ausgang (No Exit) - German dub
- Partindo de Boston (Departing from Boston) - Brazilian dub