|Way to Die #265|
|"This Bird Has Flu"|
|Name of the death is a pun on "this bird has flew" and "bird flu|
|"Juan caught birds...then he caught bird flu. In the end, a life of crime caught up with Juan...and his life...flew the coop."|
|Date||September 18, 2008|
|Episode this death
was featured in
"Crate and Buried"
"Hummus Among Us"
"This Bird Has Flu", Way to Die #265, is the second death featured in "Death Certificates", which aired on July 15, 2012.
Juan and Maria are a Spanish-speaking couple who smuggle wildlife out of the country. One day, Juan smuggles a couple of exotic birds out of the country, all of which are drugged and strapped to the bottom of his leg. Juan takes a three hour nap, only to wake up feeling extremely sick and sweaty, He then begins to vomit everywhere on the passengers, and then himself before dying. As it turns out, Juan had contracted avian flu (commonly known as bird flu) from the smuggled birds and asphyxiated to death due to fluid accumulation in his lungs. The birds that were in his leg then fly into the plane, while Maria is left in tears with the other passengers looking on at Juan's dead corpse in shock.
"After a 3 hour nap, Juan wakes up... a very sick man."
- Dr. Khyber Zaffarkhan - Orthopedic Surgeon
- The death segment is based on the bird flu outbreak in 2004-07.
- The alternate name is a pun on the proverb "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."
- This is also the final death in the series to take place inside of an airplane and in Peru.
- The German version has an extra scene where Juan goes to the restroom.
Segment Nicknames (Alternate Names)
- A Bird in the Pants (Spike TV)
- Bird Flu Horror
- Avian Flu Horror
- Dead Airways
- Flu Burnt
- Ausgezwitschert (Twittered) - German dub