"Toe Jammed", Way to Die #508, is the sixth death featured in "Deadliest Kitsch", which aired October 24, 2011.
A hospital janitor named Gunther with a fetish for feet and unconscious women sneaks around giving pedicures to sleeping or comatose female hospital patients while sucking on a foot-shaped lollipop. While finishing a pedicure on a coma patient named Gertrude, Gunther accidentally lets a hospital tray swing towards her kneecap, triggering the patellar reflex. She involuntarily kicks Gunther in the face, causing the lollipop to lodge in his throat and Gunther to choke to death. Gunther could have been saved, but since he liked his patients unconscious, no one was around to help him.
"Tonight, Gunther's going to spend some quality time with his soulmate. Gertrude has been in a coma for weeks. This guy even makes his own foot-shaped lollipops. Gertrude didn't volunteer for this weirdness and lashes back...with an involuntary kick called the 'patellar reflex'."
Cast and Interviewees
- Jack August - Gunther (lead: intended victim)
- Gayle Kate - Nurse (lead: uncredited)
- Ashley Watkins - Gertrude (lead: uncredited)
- Dr. Tiffany Juterbock (Sex Therapist)
- Dr. Boyd Flinders (Surgeon)
- Patada Voladora (Flying Kick) - Latin American and Spanish dubs.
- Gunther is a reference to HITMAN 2 character Gunther Mueller. He is the personal bodyguard of Janus.