|Way to Die #438|
|Name of the death is a pun on "tongue tied"|
|"When people bottomed out, Max cashed in. Until he wound up in the hole. What's the matter, Max? Cop got your tongue?"|
|Date||September 4, 2008|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"Today's Menu: Deep Fried Death"|
"Coffin to Death"
"Chain Gang Banged"
"Tongue Died", Way To Die #438, is the second death featured in "Today's Menu: Deep Fried Death", which aired on December 8, 2010.
During the 2008 recession/housing crisis, foreclosure was skyrocketing, and a scavenger named Max is hard at work, stealing metal from foreclosed homes and selling them for scrap. Max would take whatever wasn’t nailed onto the ground, be it weather vanes, pipes, and even a manhole lid in the middle of a street. While attempting to cut off power to one of the abandoned houses, Max nearly gets electrocuted and is caught by a police officer. Max takes his loot and runs off, but he ends up losing them during the chase. He succeeds in escaping the obese police officer but ends up falling into an open manhole (the lid of which was stolen by Max earlier in the segment). Max hits his chin on the ground as he falls, accidentally biting off his tongue, and the impact of the fall causes Max to break his neck, cut off his spinal cord, and asphyxiate, while the police officer on the street above picks up the bloody tongue and is disgusted by it.
- Also called "Metalhead" on the Spike TV website
Description as seen on the Spike TV website
- "A man who makes his living stealing metal from foreclosed houses ends up being chased by cops and falling into an open manhole."
- Despite taking place in Detroit, Michigan, this death was filmed in El Segundo, California, including Isis Avenue.
Cast and Interviewees
- Joey Rassool - Max (lead: intended victim)
- Christopher D. Turner - Policeman
- Jonathan Coogan - Himself (Scrap Metal Dealer)
- Dr. Pavel Bindra - Himself (Cardiac Electrophysiologist)
- Metalhead (Spike TV)
- Messy Metalhead