|Way to Die #160|
|Name of the death is a pun on "tread mark"|
|Jed was a bad guy about to kill a good guy. But then in rolled fate, and he became dead...tired.|
|Date||March 5, 2006|
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"It's a Dead, Dead, Dead World"|
"Death of Sum Young Guy"
"Tread Marked", Way to Die #160, is the third death featured in "It's a Dead, Dead, Dead World", which aired on July 15, 2012.
This is a story about Jed (an outlaw), Ted (a junk scavenger), and a tire. Ted finds the tire and he attempts to pull it into his truck. Meanwhile, down the road, Jed is drunk-driving, until he is stopped by a police officer. Jed acts impolite to the police officer and freely admits that he's been drunk-driving to the police officer, and when asked to get out of his car, Jed manages to subdue the officer by tasering him and stealing his gun in a standoff. Meanwhile, Ted slips up in the bed of his truck and loses the tire, which rolls down the hill and hits Jed (The bad guy) as he is about to shoot and kill the officer (The good guy Jed's about to kill). Jed dies from multiple injuries sustained from the tire, as well as his head hitting the street pavement.
- Dr. Duncan McBride - Neurotrama Surgeon
- In the German version, the scene where the police officer pulls over Jed is extended with Jed saying "I don't need a permit for my firearm. I said I'ma American that's what we do. We drink, and we shoot stuff. So what, I pay my taxes, I pay your salary."
- Factual Error: It is almost impossible to tackle a police officer, plus the officer should had more than one gun, or a walkie-talkie to call for backup.
- Plot Hole: When we see the tire rolling away from Ted's truck, the road appeared to curve at the end. According to the narrator, this happened miles away from Jed tackling the officer, but the tire somehow managed to make turns and find him, without anything to stop it.
- Tire Straits (Spike TV)
- La Rueda del Destino (The Wheel of Fate) - Latin American and Spanish dubs
- Ausgereift (Matured) - German dub