"Trip to the Maul", Way to Die #591, is the first death to be featured in "Death – The Gift That Lasts Forever", which aired on August 22, 2011.
Peter, who was unfaithful to his wife, went on a camping trip with his mistress named Julie. While they were having sex, something is wrong. Peter's eyes were acting up, and then, Peter lost his sight completely. He had developed vasoconstriction in his eyes which caused him to be blind. As Julie rushes out of the tent to get his mobile to call for help, Peter stumbles out of the tent in panic and blindly ran into a brown bear which mauls him to death, much to the horror of Julie.
"Panicking, Peter runs blindly right into a 600-pound VERY hungry brown bear. It had been raiding the campsite cooler, but...found Peter's fresh meat much more to its liking."
Cast and Interviewees
- Michael Coady- Peter (lead: intended victim)
- Jules Sylvester - Wildlife Expert
- Dr. Boyd Flinders - Surgeon
Also known as "Love Is Blind" on the Spike TV website
Description as seen on Spike TV's website
"A cheating husband goes BLIND while having sex (a condition called Vascoconstriction) in a collapsible pup tent, panics, runs into a bear and gets mauled by it"
- The German version of the show airs this death twice. The first time it shows up is in "Better Them Than Us" and replaces My Big Fat Greek Death.
- Like a lot of bear-related deaths on the show, this death is based on the death of Timothy Treadwell.
- Love Is Blind (Spike TV)