|Way to Die #655|
|Name of the death is a pun on "too stupid"|
|"Is there a lesson to be learned amidst this parallel carnage? If you're drunk, the best thing to do is fall right into bed. Just make sure the fall isn't too high and the bed isn't going 60 miles an hour."|
|Date||March 15, 2005|
|Episode this death
was featured in
"Two Stoopid", Way to Die #655, is the sixth death to be featured in "Gratefully Dead", which aired on January 13, 2010.
A pair of drunk guys in Portland, Maine decided to make something fun: bungee jump off a cherry-picker. One guy went first to try it out. He jumps off the picker and drops only to hit the ground hard, breaking his ribs, and he dies instantly. As it turns out, he was so drunk he measured the cord wrong.
Little do the guys know that at the same time, another pair of drunks in Reno, Nevada decided to create an extreme sport: Mattress Surfing (Riding on a mattress tied to a truck by a rope). One guy drives the truck while the other hangs onto the rope. But the rope holding the mattress became undone, and he fell off the truck at fast speed and hit the ground hard, breaking most of his bones in his body, and he dies within minutes from internal hemorrhaging.
- Idiot Alert!!!
- Before the stunts: If you are dumb enough to try this at home you will die... and you will deserve it!!!
- During the stunts: This is what we're talking about, dummy!!!
- Dr. D.J. Green - Trauma Surgeon
- These two deaths happened at the same time.
- The bungee jumping death was the first, and only death to take place in Maine.