"Velvet Dope", Way to Die #272, is the first death featured in "Death Takes A Vacation", which aired on November 14, 2011.
Benny, an ex-con working as a bouncer at a club, lets people in under two conditions: if they have the money, or if they have the looks. Two friends, Adam and Sam, attempt to get in, but Benny forces them to the end of the line. Two hours later, Adam and Sam are back at the front of the line, but are rejected once again by Benny. Adam, annoyed, nudges Benny, sending him into a violent rage. During the scuffle, Adam knocks down the support beams of a nearby awning, causing one of the beams to impale Benny's skull and crush his brain, with death becoming instantaneous.
"Once Benny goes off, there's no stopping Mr. Anger Mis-Management."
- Brian Colding - Bouncer
- Dr. Steven Burstein - Interventional Cardiologist
- Marcus Lenberger Biccallor - Benny (lead: intended victim)
- Also called "Dead Carpet" on the Spike TV website.
- Benny, along with his occupation, are a reference to the song "Benny the Bouncer" by Emerson, Lake and Palmer.
- Dead Carpet (Spike TV)
- Toldo Sangriento (Bloody Awning) - Latin American dub