"Vertigo, Going, Gone", Way to Die #73, is the sixth death to be featured in "Today's Special: Death", which aired on August 1, 2011.
Lee is a sociopath who worked for accounting. However, his nosiness, lack of sympathy, and incompetence cost him his job. After getting fired, Lee tells his female boss that she is going to regret firing him. As Lee leaves the building with his stuff while grumbling about getting fired, he decides to add his name to the list of workplace shootings in the US. He waits for his former boss atop an oak tree, preparing a single-shot bolt-action rifle. However, Lee starts sneezing.
"Lee had much more than an itchy trigger finger. it was allergy season, and he was suffering from a full-blown bout of hay fever."
This was caused by an allergic reaction to oak pollen, which he didn’t know about, but he ignored the problem. By the time his former boss exits the building, Lee starts suffering the effects of an allergy-induced vertigo and misses the shot. Lee starts feeling dizzy, and one last sneeze causes him to fall out of the tree and hit the ground, receiving paralysis from the fall, followed by death, sending the first class jerk and attempted workplace shooter to the hell as he deserves.
Cast & Interviewees
- Mike Tristano - Weapons Expert
- Dr. Marc Meth - Allergist
- Chuck Cobb - Lee (lead: intended victim)
- Angelica Osborne - The Boss (lead)
- Allergy Treason (Spike TV)
- Vertigo Alla Abajo (Vertigo down there) - Latin American dub.
- tontura e queda (vertigo and fall) - brazilian dub
Description as seen on the Spike TV website
"A fired DMV worker decides to get revenge with a sniper rifle, but an allergic reaction to pollen causes severe vertigo and he falls to his death"
- Also known as "Allergy Treason" on the Spike TV (now Paramount Networks) website.
- The background on Lee's computer features a screenshot from Myth Busted. That can't happen, however - while this event took place in 1998, "Myth Busted" took place in 2006.
- The word angry bird mentioned by the narrator is a reference from Angry Birds, a popular IOS game, which was released in December of 2009.
- When Lee was falling from the death due to vertigo and subsequent paralysis, a part of the Howie scream can be heard. This can also be heard in the conclusion part where the narrator explains the doggerel.