"Vike-O-Done", Way to Die #515, is the fifth death to be featured in "Death On Arrival", which aired on December 6, 2009.
In 1011 A.D. Sigurd , a medieval unbeatable Viking, has just defeated his rival by the name of Maelbrigt, beheaded him, and claimed victory. However, Maelbrigt's head bites on to Sigurd's leg after twirling the head in victory. The wound killed him. In other words, his rival was not done fighting. After ten days of walking back to this home village, Sigurd's leg wound got even more infected, and Sigurd was on his way to Valhalla. It would have taken centuries before medicines were made. When Sigurd finally reached his village, his fate was sealed and he was too weak to move. He removed his hat and said his final words, which were, "Slain by a dead man.", then, he passed away peacefully by the stairs to his home.
Interviewees and Cast
- Skip Wilder - Viking Expert
- Dr. Steven Kim - Biochemist
- Marco Capem - Viking Maelbrigt (lead: sigurd's victim)
- Thomas Stiver - Sigurd (lead: intended victim)
- Many historians believed that in Norse times, vikings, when slain in battle, are to go to Valhalla, the final resting place of heroes.
- This is the only death to take place in Norway.
- This is one of the deaths where the victim dies in a calm way (i.e last words to say). Other similar stories are Brain Worms, Jack N' Croak'd, and Pissed Off.
- Sigured the Mighty died exactly the same way in Orkney, 896 AD.
- Hvarslo is not a real city in Norway.
- in reality Viking helmets didn’t have horns.
- This death is also featured in Horrible Histories: Stupid Deaths segment about Sigurd the great. Link for the video here.
- Sigurd's full name was Earl Sigurd Eysteinsson the Mighty.
- This death was Runner-Up A in the "Historical Death" category in the Death By Request: Special episode.
- Muerto por un muerto (Dead by a dead man) - Latin American dub
- Mordido por un muerto (Bitten by a dead man) - Spanish dub
- Vik-O-Done - The Deathies