|Way to Die #429|
|Name of the death is a pun on "weed whacker"|
|"Desperate to get high, these two stoners made some very stupid decisions. That's why they call it dope."|
|Date||February 8, 2002|
Fort Wayne, Indiana
|Episode this death
was featured in
|"The Lighter Side of Death"|
"Weed Whacked", Way to Die #429, is the fourth death to be featured in "The Lighter Side of Death", which aired on March 1, 2009
On February 8, 2002, investigators found 2 young men lying dead, with a video camera close by. The confiscated tape reveals a very stupid and avoidable death. The 2 men were desperate stoners, who had run out of their precious marijuana. As the tape shows, they set out to sample anything they thought that provide "a buzz." The 2 potheads were so desperate, they actually tried smoking horse droppings. Finally, as the tape shows, the young dopers made a discovery: an unknown green would certainly get them high. Suddenly, the 2 men start vomiting. The misguided youths didn't realize they had smoked the leaves of Poison Sumac, the most toxic plant species in the United States. It caused the alveoli in their lungs to swell up and fill with fluid, a reaction known as pulmonary edema, and they both died within minutes from asphyxiation.
- Stefan Timmermans
- Dr. Steven Burstein
- It is based on juice toxicity.
- This death acts similarly to ReToaded, since both victims got poisoned to death with one of them stripping himself of his shirt, along with the quest of looking for the ultimate high.
- This one of those rare deaths where the victims don't have any names.
- Golpe de Hierba (Blow Weed) - Latin American dub
- Hierba Mortal (Mortal Weed) - Spanish dub